NOTICE: Surgical Specialty Center wants to help you get (and stay) healthy, especially during the Coronavirus pandemic. Beginning tomorrow, March 13, 2020, patients will be affected by the following changes:
- Patients will be allowed only 2 Essential Visitors throughout their entire stay;
- No Visitors under the age of 12 are allowed;
Any Essential Visitor with a Yes Answer below, will NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE FACILITY:
- Signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat; Visitors will be assessed for these by facility staff upon arrival.
- Had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, OR is under investigation for COVID-19 OR has been or is currently ill with respiratory illness.
- Have been on international travel within the last 14 days to:
China, Iran, Most of Europe (per CDC publication)
- Is residing in a community where community-based spread of COVID-19 is occurring.
PLEASE EXPECT DELAYS UPON ARRIVAL AT THE ENTRANCE.
We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we work diligently to provide the best (and safest!) care for our patients, team members and community!
Advances in anesthesia and surgical techniques have promoted the rapid growth of surgical procedures that can be performed on an outpatient basis and have made Lake Surgery Center a safe, cost-effective and convenient alternative to hospital care.
Lake Surgery Center is poised to answer this increasing demand as the number of procedures appropriate for the outpatient surgery setting continues to grow. At a time when all providers are seeking a method of delivering quality care to patients while maintaining costs, Lake Surgery Center stands out as a leader in this marketplace.
The 23,000 square foot facility supports a number of surgical specialties and is fully equipped with the very latest in advanced operating technology. The center has six major operating rooms as well as one room designated for procedures, minimizing wait times normally associated with in-patient surgery. The Center has a full-time board certified Anesthesiologist who oversees the anesthesia care and supervises the Certified Nurse Anesthetists. Following your procedure, Registered Nurses with advanced specialty training in post anesthesia care will monitor your vital signs and condition in the post-operative unit.
Lake Surgery Center was established in 2002, is accredited through AAAHC, is licensed by the state of Louisiana, certified by Medicare and affiliated with most major HMOs and PPOs.